You can look and feel younger, no matter what age you are! It is just a matter of staying active and implementing more fun and adventure in your life. Don’t just exist and be a slave to the same old boring routine day after day. You don’t have to be wealthy, retired, or even have a significant other to be happy and have a fun-filled, joyful, extraordinary life. Remember positive thoughts attract positive energy! You have heard the cliché, “life without passion is not worth living”. Here are some ways to defy maturity and live life to its fullest.
1. Plan a surprise event! There’s nothing more exciting than to secretly arrange a special party, activity or dinner for someone you love. Surprising others can strengthen your relationships and create fun memories. It can also feel quite rewarding to create some kind of handmade gift or special customized surprise for a loved one. So grab your diary, notepad and cookery books – start planning that surprise today!
2. Do something physical every day. The best way to maintain your youth and feel good is to exercise daily. Whether you take your dog for a walk, hike a nearby trail, go for a bike ride, workout at the gym, take a yoga class or go out dancing, there are numerous activities you can do. Many a new friendship has been formed in the changing rooms or leisure facilites at your local gym/leisure centre. Take the plunge and get your running shoes on you will feel a million times more exhilarated after a work-out!
3. Go camping with friends or family! Ditch the electronics and modern comforts and get back to nature, relive the hippy era in style! Plan an outdoor adventure to camp out at a nearby wilderness area; sit by the campfire and reconnect with the basic elements. Whether you pitch a tent or bring a camper, you can create a memorable it experience with the simplicity of being surrounded by natural environment. Remember camping can be fun these days long gone are the hippy tents and port-a-loos of the Woodstock days, now most campsites have brick built amenities and if your looking for a bit more luxury you can always hire static caravans. We also have the luxury of being able to enjoy the likes of Centre Parcs with it’s wooden chalets hidden in forests. So if you don’t want to get down and dirty but still want to enjoy the camping feelings you can always upgrade!
4. Join a regular Meet-up group. Whatever you’re into, there’s got to be a group about it that meets about it. Find others who share similar passions as you, and connect with them either on-line or in person. There are meet-up groups for just about anything you can think of from mountain biking to pastry cooking. There’s nothing more fulfilling than to meet new friends with a common interest. You can find local meet-up groups either online, in your local newspaper or advertised on outside of church halls etc.
5. Just drive and see where you end up. Surrender to the open road and allow your intuition to guide you on a surprise journey. You’ve seen those little towns on a map and road signs, but have you ever been there? Take some time to visit other places and see what makes them unique. Stop into the central coffee shop or town hangout and talk with the locals. Who knows? — Maybe you’ll make some new friends and discover new resources and connections. You could even plan a whole weekend away by packing a over-night bag and stopping over at a small guest house on the way!
6. Be creative and artistic. So many people live life with regret that they did not continue hobbies that they had or wanted to do, some budding ideas will have taken a backseat to family life, but once your children have grown what is now stopping you from rekindling that spark of interest? Enrol on a pottery or painting class, or learn a different type of hobby like sculpting or making stained glass. Or you could create handmade holiday decorations as gifts. It just takes a little imagination and some ingenuity to awaken your mind’s eye and get the creative juices flowing. Get ideas from magazines or the internet. There are many fun things you can make from random items around the house — find a new and innovative use for them. You may find yourself with a new business concept to become the highlight of your twilight!
7. Go on a unique date with yourself, a friend or spouse. At least once a week, take yourself or another out on a special date. Try something new — a different restaurant that you are used to or a fun activity like roller skating or miniature golf. Step out of your comfort zone and dare to explore the city around you (or a nearby city if you live in a rural area). There are many online offers where you can get super deals like 2-for-1 at top class restaurants during the week so this experimentation does not have to be expensive!
8. Take a dance class. Even if you think you have two left feet, you can have a lot of fun learning a particular dance style and meeting new friends. Dancing is great exercise, to connect with others, and a terrific way to express yourself — plus, next time you’re out at a club or concert, you’ll have some new moves to show off. From time to time you will find tea dances at local church halls, recreation centres and even shopping centres, they are a great place to meet new friends. Depending on your mobility levels you may need to plan which style of dancing will suit you, there are so many different types is so hard to make the choice. Speak to the class teacher as some classes may have more sedate moves that will enable you to still show off your Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers skills to the max!
9. Take care of your body. Be conscious of what you put on and in your body. Read the labels of products you purchase and know what the fine print really means. Eat raw, whole and organic food as much as possible, and home cooked made-from-scratch meals rather than processed and fast food. Avoid artificial flavors & colors, synthetic preservatives, parabens, petroleum-based ingredients, glycol, and other harmful chemicals in all types of personal products. We would recommend that you used a natural Vegan based skin care product that gives clincial proven results to reverse signs of ageing. Take a look at Arbonne for some great products in skin care and cosmetics for all the family.
10. Enjoy lots of sex (with or without a partner)! Yes it is true; sexual activity is the real fountain of youth. Sex is good for your health and can help you look and feel more youthful. When a woman has sex, she produces more estrogen, which helps keep her hair shiny, smooth, thick and healthy looking. Sex also increases the production of collagen, which promotes supple youthful skin evading age spots and sagging. Follow these tips and you will feel younger, happier, and full of life. Why not give them a try?